Pondering his future...

Just another conversation on our ride to the store:
"You know mom, I'm going to marry a pretty girl someday.  I would marry Aunt Lori, but Uncle Bill found her first.  And I would marry Hannah, but she has a boyfriend.  She looked for a long time for a boyfriend before she found this guy.  He's a nice guy, but I don't think she will marry him.  She's too young.  She needs to go to college first.  And then get married.  And then have a baby.
"You know mom, pretty girls are happy.  You know how I know they are happy? Pretty girls laugh all of the time.  Aunt Lori always laughs at me.
"I probably won't find my pretty girl to marry until after college.  There are sure a lot of girls in the weerold, but it's gonna be hard to find one for me.
"And all of the pretty girls are in our family.  Dru's (his 6 year old cousin) pretty, but I could never marry her.  Jack (Dru's almost 3 year old brother) wouldn't like that.
"Maybe I'll just live with you forever.  I don't really neeeed a pretty girl.  You can always just laugh at me."

Comments

Popular Posts