the gift of giving

I bought a card for a wonderful friend that was turning 30.  Nile absolutely adores her, so when he found out I was going out for dinner with her for her birthday he had a lot of questions.  Of course, he wanted to go along.  But when I told him we were going to a boring fancy restaurant he decided to stay home.  However, he was appauled when he found out that I didn't get her a present.  Just a card! So he talked me into going to Walmart to pick out a present that would be PERFECT for her.  During the ride there I asked what he had in mind.  He said, "I know she likes doctors (she works for Hospice - where Nile says he will work some day), so lets get her a doctor present."  I had no idea what he had in mind.  Long story short, we left Walmart with an electric Spiderman toothbrush and Cars band-aids.  And a StarWars (singing) card.  But he made sure that there were a few of each item left in stock so that he could get them for his birthday.  Thank God she is so wonderful.  I think she loved them as much as he loved picking them out!

Comments

Popular Posts