not afraid to compliment a lady

We were at the Icky Nickel on a summer night watching daddy play sand volleyball.  Not the best place to bring kiddos, but Nile loves it.  He loves it because he likes to flirt with all of the pretty girls.  I was trying to hurry by some people watching a match and realized I lost Nile.  I looked back, and there he was, in between three cute college girls and the volleyball court.  He was telling them "I like-a your polish."  And asking them if their toenail polish was still wet.  And complementing them making them feel really good about themselves. At 2 1/2 years old.  They just laughed - I was a little embarrassed.
A couple weeks later we were at Sam's Club.  I was in line to check out and Nile was on the other side of the checkout chatting with a little boy's mom. And admiring her feet. He said "I like-a your polish." She didn't respond.  So he said it louder,  "I like-a your polish!" She just made a face and said, "What?" And then he yelled, "I LIKE-A YOUR POLLLISH!" 
She looked at me confused, and said, "No, I'm not Polish.  Why would he care?"
I tried to explain.  And why would a 2 1/2 year old boy care about nail polish?  . (She did look like she could be Polish by the way. Polish with nice toenail polish.) But it's Nile.  And he likes to make a girl feel good about herself.

Comments

Popular Posts